04 October 2009

Autosorting Task List using Google Spreadsheet.

One Google Docs user had asked a question on the Forum regarding auto-sorting a Task List when there is change in status of a Task. I thought that as a user I may also face this problem sometimes.

I created a Spreadsheet with List of Tasks in Column A and the Status of the Task in Column B. Initially I sorted the Data by Column B but when I changed the status of any Task it was not getting sorted automatically.

Then I read the description of SORT command and wrote the following command in cell C2:
=SORT(A2:B21, 2, TRUE)

This created a sorted list in Column C and D. Now If I change the status of any Task in Column B the sorted list got changed automatically.

I have shared this Template on Google Templates Gallery and you can use it too.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment