27 August 2009

Uploading custom Presentation Template for use on Google Docs.

The members of our domain were using a particular background on Office presentations. I made a blank slide using that background, saved it as ppt, uploaded it to Google Docs and opened it for editing. It was just a background for slides without any text boxes. First I tried to insert a text box but it needed to be resized on the slide.

Then I clicked to insert a new slide and it asked me to chose the slide layout. After choosing the layout the text boxes appeared with the text "Click to add title" and "Click to add subtitle". I added one more slide with the next layout and it had the text boxes with "Click to add title" and "Click to add content". I deleted the blank slide and saved the file as "Standard_Template".

I shared the file with all the members of the domain and told them to copy the file for their use and leave the template file as empty.

Now they are motivated to use Google Presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment